Caring for Your Art Prints
Taking Care of Unframed Prints
Art prints add beauty and style to any space, but proper care and display are essential for their longevity and aesthetic appeal. Whether you've invested in limited edition prints or have a collection of your favourite artworks, proper care and thoughtful display can enhance their lastingness and charm. In this guide, we will provide important tips on looking after your unframed and framed art prints.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before handling prints.
- Use lint-free, archival-quality gloves to minimize contact with delicate surfaces.
- Hold prints by the edges.
- For prints over 60 x 60 cm we advise asking for assistance from another person.
- Store unframed prints in acid-free folders or sleeves to protect them from dust and moisture.
- Keep them in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and temperature fluctuations.
- Store prints flat where possible.
Taking Care of Framed Prints
- When having a custom frame made ask for acid-free mats and backing boards to prevent yellowing and damage.
- Opt for UV-resistant and non-reflective glazing to protect prints from sunlight, dust, and moisture.
- Hold framed prints firmly by the sides.
- Use lint-free, archival-quality gloves when handling to prevent transfer of oils and dirt.
Ideal Display Locations for Framed Prints:
- Keep framed prints away from direct sunlight by hanging them away from windows or using UV-filtering window film or curtains.
- Control humidity and temperature to avoid damage from extreme fluctuations.
By following these essential tips, you can ensure the durability and visual appeal of both your unframed and framed art prints. Handle them with care, store them properly, and choose appropriate display locations to protect them from sunlight, dust, and moisture.
Whether your prints are unframed or framed, proper care and thoughtful display will allow you to enjoy and preserve their beauty for years to come.